Deck the Halls, and more …
‘Deck the Halls’ is a traditional Christmas Yuletide and New Years carol. The melody is Welsh and dates back to the 16th century, various versions of the lyrics have appeared over time.
It’s true to say that Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without all the festive adornments. Here are a few suggestions to help you create a festive feel in your home and have everyone in a celebratory mood:
- Place a wreath on your front door to welcome your guests. If you would prefer to create your own wreath from real foliage, contact your local florist who might run courses which usually include all the materials.
- Extend your home’s first greeting with the aroma of festively scented candles. We have the tempting scents of Mulled Wine, Warm Mince Pie, Cinnamon & Orange, Mistletoe & Wine, and Frankincense & Myrrh.
- The mood enhancing power of fairy lights will create a twinkling magical feel – drape a light chain around your hallway, across the mantlepiece or wrap around your banister. This helps add to the sense of occasion.
- Set your festive table with co-ordinated and fun decorations that will impress your guests.
- Our exclusive Set To Impress™ festive table decorations provides everything you need. Whether you prefer a traditional red, green and gold colour scheme or a contemporary red and white theme, our Set To Impress™ is a convenient solution and one less thing for you to have to plan and co-ordinate.
- Try something new as your table centrepiece-
Arrange a battery-operated LED light chain (no fiddly electric plug points to contend with) along the centre of your table. Choose our sparkling clear crystal chic light chain or create a pop of festive colour with our cabana chic option.
Alternatively, pile the light chain in to a glass hurricane lamp and surround it with baubles or greenery. The small battery compartment can be tucked away out of sight.
- If you are not planning on having a tree then wrap the LED light chain around a piece of furniture or the mantlepiece instead.
With just a few festive touches you can create a magical feel around your home.
The spirit of the festive season remains pretty much the same for everyone – spiritual reflection, goodwill toward men, a time for reconnecting with family, and the sharing and enjoyment of feasting and celebrating.